Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Snickerdoodles Part II

YAY!


Check it out:



My second attempt at snickerdoodles produced a much more visually presentable yield and all I did was reduce the cinnamon and increase the sugar in the coating! You can see the first attempt in my previous post. I used the cookie dough from my first attempt, though. These are like.. the pretty younger sisters from the same dough.


Roll dough in the cinnamon sugar

I changed the coating to 1/2 cup sugar with 2 teaspoons cinnamon. I want to be able to actually see specks of cinnamon.

..I love cinnamon.

So many fun words to say in this post!

Snick-er-doo-dles. Cin-na-mon.


Mmm. Looks promising.


Fresh from the oven

  
Specks!! I see cinnamon specks!!

Crisp with a crumbly centre

You should smell these when they come out of the oven. Gee golly. I was wondering why they didn't look like pretty at my first try and googled it, and the snickerdoodle recipes I found are more or less the same. I decided that the problem just had to be the cinnamon to sugar ratio.

Mmmhhhhh. Goodness gracious. These are so easy to make anyone can try!


Snickerdoodles
Recipe adapted from Martha Stewart

Ingredients:
  • 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter
  • 1/2 cup pure vegetable shortening
  • 2 cups sugar, plus more if needed
  • 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon, plus more if needed
  • 2 large eggs
Preheat oven to 400F or 200C.

Line baking sheets with parchment paper or Silpat mats and set aside. Sift flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt and set aside. Using an electric mixer, combine butter, shortening and 1 1/2 cups sugar. Beat on medium speed until light and fluffy, then add eggs and beat to combine. Add flour mixture and beat to combine.

In a separate bowl, combine 1/2 cup sugar and cinnamon. Roll dough into small balls and coat with cinnamon sugar and line them about two inches apart on baking sheets (they will spread). Bake for about 10 mins(rotate baking sheet at 5 mins) until cookies begin to crack. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.

Yields about 30-40 cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails