Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Chocolat.

Hello, everyone.




As I am typing I'm trying to balance between guzzling the batch of brownies I had just baked and not getting my laptop dirty. You could tell me to stop eating and finish whatever I am doing first. You could.

But these are brownies guys. Chocolate.




Yes, I am one of those chocolate nuts (as in the person is a nut. Like I'm nuts about Johnny Depp.. or something. Anyway why are negative references always associated with food? Corny. Cheesy. Nutjob.) but I'm not one of those people who will ONLY eat a chocolate dessert. I love citrusy desserts too!





In times of dire craving however, chocolate is my trusty sugar fix. Mmm.




& These brownies, ..they just hit the spot. Let these be the celebratory dessert for Lolita Darling's first post as well! Enjoy!


Brownies As They Should Be
Recipe taken from TastyKitchen.

Ingredients:
  • 1-1/2 cup Flour
  • 1/2 teaspoons Baking Soda
  • 1/2 teaspoons Salt
  • 2/3 cups(167g) Butter
  • 1-1/2 cup Granulated Sugar (I used 1-1/4 cup)
  • 4 Tablespoons Water
  • 2 packages Semi-sweet Chocolate Chips (12 Ounce Packages) (I used 1-2/3 packages)
  • 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
  • 4 whole Eggs
  • 1 cup Chopped Walnuts (optional)
Preheat oven to 325F or 170C.

Combine flour, salt & baking soda in a bowl and mix. In a separate saucepan, melt butter with sugar & water, bring to a boil then remove from heat. Stir in one package of chocolate chips & vanilla. Whisk eggs in one at a time. Slowly combine flour, remaining chocolate chips and nuts, if you will. I prefer them plain & pretty.

Pour into a greased 9×13″ pan* and bake for 30-40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Be careful not to over-bake, and make sure that your toothpick is coated with uncooked batter and not melted chocolate chips if you’re going to continue baking longer. Let cool at least 2 hours before serving.

Note: To make a half-batch, use a greased 9×9″ square pan and bake for 25-35 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails