Sunday, October 9, 2011

Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins

Being a student, I am most expectedly broke all the time. I buy my own baking supplies therefore I really need to figure out a budget before baking anything. I was looking forward to experimenting with new recipes but I didn't have extra cash.. although I did have leftover ingredients from my chocolate chip muffins!

My best friend had requested for banana chocolate muffins and all I had to do was buy bananas. Cheap and satisfies my baking fix.

Nice and just ripe. You can use overripe bananas as well!

Mash the banana with a fork.. Or your fist if you're hardcore.

I asked my older brother to be my hand model and he proceeded to make dirty jokes. I'm sorry. This is not a family friendly site all. On a funny note however, I asked him to help me open the oven door but he became jumpy and anxious and looked around for a cloth to use as a heat barrier while exclaiming, "It looks hot it looks hot!"

Tough, you are not bro.

Fill each paper liner 3/4 full

Rising nice and pretty

Split open and eat in two mouthfuls!

I only used one banana for this recipe and it gave out an even hint of flavour.. but you can definitely add half or a whole banana more if you want a stronger taste. This is perfect for breakfast, tea time or even a midnight snack!

Wow.. that's a lot of muffin recipes in a row. I'm going to try other stuff soon as soon as I get my hands on some dough (not literally, monetarily) but for now, I'm bananas about this one!

Try it!



Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins
Modified from chocolate chip muffin recipe

Ingredients:
71 grams unsalted butter, softened
1/3 cup sugar
1 large egg
3/4 cup sour cream or plain yoghurt
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour

1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips (more if desired)

1 banana, mashed (add half a banana more for a stronger banana taste)

Preheat oven to 190C.

Line a muffin tin with 10 paper liners or spray each cup with a nonstick spray. Beat butter and sugar with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add egg and beat well, then yoghurt. Put flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt into a sifter and sift half of dry ingredients over batter. Mix until combined. Sift remaining dry ingredients into batter and mix just until the flour disappears. Gently fold in your mashed banana and chocolate chips, but keep some chocolate chips aside for topping. Fill each paper liner up to 3/4 full and sprinkle last of chocolate chips. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until a tester inserted into the center of muffins comes out clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails