Monday, September 19, 2011

& Now, Chocolate Chip Muffins!

There you go. The product of my test lab a.k.a kitchen. Following my hankering need for something chocolate and also because I had leftover ingredients from the blueberry muffins, I have transformed the blue dough-blobs into its popular cousin, CHOCOLATE DOUGH-BLOBS.

Hellooooo lover.


I had bought semisweet chocolate chips for an upcoming recipe, but ended up using them on these babies instead. The recipe is basically the same as the previous muffins, except that I incorporated chocolate and omitted blueberries of course.


I love the smooth texture derived from the yoghurt and every mouthful is moist. You can take out the lemon zest if you want, but I kept it in for the extra zing. I'm sorta badass.

After the previous picture I popped the thing in my mouth. You can tell how enthusiastic I was by the blurry picture.
I totally ripped it off after snapping the pictures, but don't you love the pretty polka-dot casing? I bought it way back during my Perth trip last year and only got around to using them now. So pretty!


Wanna get people on your side? Make these. Distribute to said people. Let said people chomp on these rich motive-induced treats. Witness the change.



Moist Chocolate Chip Muffins
Modified from blueberry muffin recipe

Ingredients:
71 grams unsalted butter, softened
1/3 cup sugar
1 large egg
3/4 cup sour cream or plain yoghurt
1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest (optional)
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips (more if desired)

Preheat oven to 190C.

Line a muffin tin with 10 paper liners or spray each cup with a nonstick spray. Beat butter and sugar with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add egg and beat well, then yoghurt and zest. Microwave half the chocolate chips, stir the melted chocolate and fold into batter mixture. Put flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt into a sifter and sift half of dry ingredients over batter. Mix until combined. Sift remaining dry ingredients into batter and mix just until the flour disappears. Gently fold in your remaining chocolate chips, but keep some aside for topping. Fill each paper liner up to 3/4 full and sprinkle last of chocolate chips. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until a tester inserted into the center of muffins comes out clean.

2 comments:

  1. woman! these are awesome. gonna try once im free. when u put in the flour, u fold in ryte?

    PS: i miss you & ur cookies

    Your neighbour from 168A

    ReplyDelete
  2. roslyna??????? hahahahahah! oh, doesnt matter really! i just beat in half till combined with an electric mixer, and then the other half till flour disappears. less work for me. but if you dont have a mixer you can just fold!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails