Monday, September 5, 2011

Lemon Crumb Squares


Hello everyone. It's been almost A WHOLE YEAR since I've updated this space and I am really sorry for disappearing on you! It's just that I've been busy with school and stuff and time really flies by. Recently though, I felt like I'm losing touch with everything I love to do and I remembered this blog and how therapeutic and kind it has been to me. I promise I'll try to update more!

Before I rattle on with my sob stories let's Hoover this place up and visually devour LEMON CRUMB SQUARES.

Pack first crumb layer, and then spread on the lemon mixture and sprinkle remaining crumbs on top.


I left my camera on the table to clean up the dishes while the pan was in the oven and my brother decided to photo-bomb. Great. Now you're on my food blog Fariz.

After baking, let cool for 30 minutes then refrigerate.

I couldn't wait till it completely cooled and decided to cut myself a piece!


Sweet lemony richness sandwiched between an oat-ey crumble. 
Pop pieces in between your afternoon tea or coffee. Yum.


Sorry for the different lighting! I was trying to get a good angle to photograph the baked good but it was getting dark and now my pictures have different colour treatments. But s'all good.

I used this recipe and dayum son it is delish! And easy. Really. I hardly broke a sweat making these babies.

And now you can too! (By the way my brother just asked for a second slice. Good news!)



Creamy Lemon Crumb Squares
Recipe adapted from The Pioneer Woman

Ingredients:
Crumb mixture

1-1/3 cup All-purpose Flour
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1 teaspoon Baking Powder
1 stick (1/2 Cup) Butter, Slightly Softened
1 cup Brown Sugar (lightly Packed)
1 cup Oats




Lemon mixture
1 can (14 Ounce) Sweetened Condensed Milk
1/2 cup Lemon Juice
Zest Of 1 Lemon

Preheat oven to 176C.

Mix butter and brown sugar. Sift baking powder, flour and salt into the cream and add in oats. Mix until it form fine crumbs. Press half of crumb mixture into bottom of 8 x 11 pan. In a separate bowl, mix lemon juice, zest and condensed milk. Spread over pressed crumb base and sprinkle the rest of the crumb mixture on top (do not press).

Bake for 20-25 mins or until golden brown.

Allow to sit for 30 mins to cool, cut into squares but pop it in the fridge first! When it is nice and cold you can take out a square and enjoy it with your favourite beverage.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails